Ronald V. De Caprio is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and has an undergraduate degree from Binghamton University located in upstate New York. He was born and raised in Bronx, New York, and grew up in Rockland County, New York. He founded the law firm in January 2005 after having previously worked for bankruptcy and litigation law firms in New York and New Jersey, and is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of both jurisdictions and has resolved cases by jury trial, bench trial, or settlement before trial.
The law firm represents businesses and individuals, with very simple, to difficult and complex, needs. Many of the law firm’s clients begin their relationship with the law firm because of bankruptcy or bankruptcy-related concerns, and then remain with the law firm because of Mr. De Caprio’s expertise, and ability to guide them through everyday matters. Clients who are creating new businesses, buying or selling existing businesses, winding businesses down, negotiating leases, and with general corporate and commercial matters, have sought the law firm’s advice. The law firm has successfully handled real estate transactions and real property litigation, divorce and family law concerns, criminal defense and personal injury cases, defamation and tort cases, and estate planning and probate concerns. The law firm possesses a comprehensive law library, keeps its technology state of the art and its resources up to date; and colleagues consult or refer their more difficult cases to Mr. De Caprio.
When not practicing law for his own clients, Mr. De Caprio serves as the elected Village Justice of the Village of Haverstraw, Rockland County, New York, where he presides over criminal actions, including domestic violence, sexual assault and DWI cases, landlord-tenant proceedings, village ordinances, and small claims.
Mr. De Caprio is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Rockland County Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Mid-Hudson Bankruptcy Bar Association and the New York State Magistrate’s Association.
Mr. De Caprio is a Past President of the Columbian Lawyers Association of Rockland County and a former liaison to the Rockland County Bar Association Board of Directors. He is a Past President of the North Rockland Rotary Club, and is a member of the Italian American Social Club, located in West Haverstraw, New York, serving as the Club’s pro bono attorney.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- New York, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Binghamton University, Vestal, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Rockland County Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Mid-Hudson Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- New York State Magistrate’s Association, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association, Past President
- Rockland County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Rockland County Bar Association, Former Liaison
- North Rockland Rotary Club, Past President
- Italian American Social Club, Member